Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Only Temp Fix For Me


I have the Purchased Retail Version of MR6 and have made several successful (NO Failed Yet) of my ENTIRE WIN 10 Computer (Image) onto my USB Seagate 1.5TB External HD.

In the Log I get this: Event ID: 513 "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2"

What does it mean ?? Looked all over the Internet but didn't find a "Fix" !!

Thanks !!

Wen

I have the Purchased Retail Version of MR6 and have made several successful (NO Failed Yet) of my ENTIRE WIN 10 Computer (Image) onto my USB Seagate 1.5TB External HD.

In the Log I get this: Event ID: 513 "Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2"

What does it mean ?? Looked all over the Internet but didn't find a "Fix" !!

Thanks !!

Wen
See here:

Macrium support in their forum characterizes this as a "benign" event. See Nick's post at

Since you have paid version, you can register at this forum - will need to enter confirmation of paid status to complete registration. If you only want to browse and not post, no need to register.

Since I've seen this error for all backups and pointed you to the KB article, I decided to go ahead and follow their process (which I hadn't up until now). The permissions on my registration folder all line up as they say it should. I went ahead to the referred answers.microsoft.com thread and, after making a system restore point, executed from an elevated command prompt:
Code:
sc sdsetMSLLDP D:(D;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BG)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;SO)(A;;LCRPWP;;;S-1-5-80-3141615172-2057878085-1754447212-2405740020-3916490453)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)
from szz743's posted step number 4.

I then ran (right click, Run Now) an incremental backup from my backup schedule definition and it completed fine - log shows it did NOT throw the 513 error this time.

Thank you for that. Works here, too.

Thank you for that. Works here, too.
You're welcome!

Well, it worked long enough for me to set new restore points and run Macrium partial once w/o the error although when Macrium ran its next scheduled partial, the error returned. tried to run the fix again and received "The device is not ready" response in cmd.
I know the 513 is not a critical error, but this seemed to also fix Windows 7 Backup error of not being able to locate drive where it has always stored backups, as well as not being able to set restore points which had seemed to disappear. This is what lead me to obtain free vers of Macrium Reflect. Wind7 reports error 0x80780048 MS says to run sfc /scannow to correct this error. SFC Scannow found zero issues to report which leads back to this fix, which leads me back to this fix.

Also, I have not been able run a Windows 7 backup in over a month. I realize I dont need two backup programs, but believe this may affect otrer process or create other errors, or is this a non issue?


This is what I enter for the corrected MSLLDFP in elevated cmd prompt wordwrap off
DD;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BG)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO; ;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SO)(A;;LCRPWP;;;S-1-5-80-3141615172-2057878085-1754447212-2405740020-3916490453)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)
with cmd respone of "the device is not ready)
VSS is set to auto although was again stopped, so started, no change

Only Temp Fix For Me