Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after USB short


Went to plug in my USB mouse and plugged it into a broken USB port causing my system to short out. The system boots up with several "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE" screens, and an automatic repair results in another blue screen, some kind of power up related screen. I can get to a "restore checkpoint" feature, but the system freezes during the restore. After a hard reset, the computer might boot up. I am currently on the machine and it is running, but I am scared to turn it off or restart.
  • JARVIS-5-06_19_2016_Sun_190658_37.zip (820.1 KB, 2 views)

Hi MrFreeman,

I would suggest to try the USB mouse on a different system to see if it is damaged after you connected it in the broken USB.
It is also a good idea to update the USB mouse drivers or reinstall them.
Code:
0: kd> lmvm FLxHCIc Browse full module list start             end                 module name fffff801`d9d90000 fffff801`d9dd2000   FLxHCIc  T (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: FLxHCIc.sys     Image path: SystemRootSystem32driversFLxHCIc.sys     Image name: FLxHCIc.sys     Browse all global symbols  functions  data     Timestamp:        Thu Jul 30 05:14:53 2015(55B996AD)     CheckSum:         0004C403     ImageSize:        00042000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Please fill in your system specs
Please follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.
How to fill in your system specs:


Thank you for the reply,

The mouse works fine on several machines, however I am confused with the error you posted which is now almost over a year old. My BSODs are very recent, within the last few days, and this did not start back in 2015 when I still was running Windows 7.

That is the date of the mouse driver, not when the dump was created. There is only one dump iun the zip file you uploaded, dated 6/19 at 6:55PM.

If you are using a disk cleaning program like CCleaner, stop until this problem is resolved. If usiong CCleaner, set it up as follows:


That is the date of the mouse driver, not when the dump was created. There is only one dump iun the zip file you uploaded, dated 6/19 at 6:55PM.

If you are using a disk cleaning program like CCleaner, stop until this problem is resolved. If usiong CCleaner, set it up as follows:
Ahha, I see. Interesting. Thank you for clarifying! Perhaps I have BSOD dumps disabled somewhere? I am 99.9% certain if I restart I will get the series of them again.

The mouse was unplugged, in fact I unplugged everything but the battery when attempting to boot back up into Win10 and it received the various BSODs. I can film it if necessary, however, Windows 10 BSODs seem to very lacking in any kind of information.

The UI change of the BSOD is to make it less scary for many users, it contains the same but with less text.

So is there any further information I can provide to assist in fixing the repeated BSODs I will get on my next reboot?

You need to provide a new zip AFTER BSOD have occurred, the current has been analyzed

You need to provide a new zip AFTER BSOD have occurred, the current has been analyzed
There are no more startup BSODs, now it's just seemingly random BSODs...
  • JARVIS-5-06_23_2016_Thu_135108_56.zip (1.11 MB, 0 views)

Updated with BSOD that led into a startup BSOD
  • JARVIS-5-06_23_2016_Thu_141614_01.zip (1.19 MB, 2 views)

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after USB short