Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

BSOD Random times, while gaming, while resting


Im having issues with a BSOD at random times, It used to say Kernal Security check failure. I now do not see any error codes it may restart before i see it. It does Auto Restart. My PC has the following Specs:

OS: Windows 10
MB: AsRock Z170 Gaming k6
CPU: Intel core i7 6700k
GPU: GeForce GTX 970
RAM: DDR4-2133 32GB

I went through the posting instructions and this is what i have. Any help would be appreciated. Just think my machine should be working properly.

Thanks,


DESKTOP-D8OLHGF-Sat_07_30_2016_233948_25.zip

Hi LongStrangeTrip,

Welcome to the 10blog

Please check ASRock for BIOS updates and install the most recent version.
ASRock > Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6

Thank you for the reply, It seems im running version 2.0 and 2.8 is available... I will look into updating and let you know how it turns out. Again thank you!!


Update: Cant figure this out, i am getting an error that i cant figure out. I am going to attack a photo of what it says to me.


Try running it as Administrator. Could also set compatibility to Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1.

Or you can use the Instant Flash method, see here: ASRock - BIOS Upgrade Instruction

Please do NOT edit a post, post a new reply instead.

Alright i was unable to figure this out still. i feel computer illiterate now. I will do a few things going forward before i completely give up lol... Here's what i've tried and what i plan on trying:

Tried putting the bios on a cd. when i try to boot it it says there is no image found. I don't think the bios are an image.
Tried the flash option for updating BIOS and once again it found no image.
Tried internet flash: says no firmware updates are available.... But it still says my version is 2.0 i don't know if that's the version in my reports.
I tried runnning as Admin and i still get the same picture that i posted in #3

I will buy a USB stick and try that, Seems that's what most people are using.


I will be the first to tell you that i've only had a PC since mid march and i am still learning. But this is something i thought should be simple and i've been humbled lol. Any other advice would be appreciated and i appreciate the time you have already put into this situation.

What version did you put on the CD? I hope the CD is rewritable?

Instant flash and and windows. But maybe they couldn't find it because i did not finalize? its a Sony CD-r which shouldn't be rewritable correct? i can add and delete files from the cd as i please. they are old cds i had from years ago. Like i said ill stop at the store before work today and grab a USB flash to do this with. What version should i be downloading?

I think there might be a problem with the CD, that is what I would think of sooner than of a problem with either of the update methods.

Bought flash drive, and was able to successfully update the BIOS to version 2.10. I appreciate the help and if it continues to happen should re-post logs here or start a new post. I am grateful for all the help that i have gotten. Thank you.

BSOD Random times, while gaming, while resting