Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

BSOD Festival 2016


Hi everyone,
Here is my problem. Saturday, my PSU died and I had to replace it (I tested it and it was RIP). After putting the new PSU in, the machine booted, but I was greeted with a BSOD before getting to the desktop, then my PC started to indefinitely reboot before reaching the desktop. I reinstalled Windows 10 and it was working fine for a while then the BSOD fest started happening. System thread exception, no more irp stack location, system service exception all happened multiple times. Sometimes the machine will just stop responding and won't give me a BSOD at all.

Here are my system specs:

AMD FX8350
Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 motherboard
WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD
GTX 650 GPU
8 gb of ram

Thank you for taking the time to help me out, I am at lost here.

P.S. What I have tried so far: reinstalling NVidia drivers, chkdsk, WD Data lifeguard diagnostic, scanned for malware/viruses. But nothing was found on any of those tests.
  • DxDiag.zip (12.9 KB, 0 views)

I ran SFC and still, found nothing. I ran out of ideas on what/how to check to figure this out.

When a power supply fails it can damage your motherboard. which will continue to cause intermittent failures. In addition it could have zipped your memory. Run the long test on your memory and see if it fails -- Takes a long, long time. -- Run it . . . . . This problem is going to be difficult to diagnose and fix. The bad power supply may have fried your machine. Sorry
*** record the codes and look them up on the internet - if they are all hardware related that may narrow down the problem.

Run the long test on your memory and see if it fails
In addition to this



Diagnostic Test
 RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 blog

   Note


MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passesfor conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zeroerrors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Ok, so memtest86+ for 8 passes 0 errors. I was told to upload this file as well (attached to this post). The newest BSOD I have encountered was a system thread exception not handled (dxgmss2.sys) if that helps in any way.
  • CYNIS-PC-Fri_01_29_2016_120443_37.zip (704.4 KB, 1 views)

Have you edited some files?

mhmm no I have not edited any of the files.

Well, some files do looks like to be edited.

Please run the DM log collector again and upload a new zip.

Here is the new zip. I did not even open the zip folder, so if it appears files have been edited or modified, there must be something wrong elsewhere.
  • CYNIS-PC-Sat_01_30_2016_135437_91.zip (729.3 KB, 2 views)

Please reinstall Malwarebytes using a new download.

Please update the Realtek audio drivers
M5A97 LE R2.0 | Moederbord | ASUS Nederland or Realtek

Let me know how it goes

BSOD Festival 2016