Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Brand New Build, Tons of BSOD, Please Help!


Hi all,

I just completed a new white box about two days ago, and I have been getting numerous BAD_POOL_HEADER BSODs. Some have been at load (gaming for instance), others have been while idle, surfing the internet, etc. Driver verifier wouldn't let me complete a Windows boot, always coming up with a new culprit (first it was a driver from the Asus AI Suite 3, then the Bitdefender Antivirus, then a driver from a Samsung SSD manager, then a driver from a Crucial SSD manager. Finally Driver Verifier stopped giving me a specific problem driver and simply reported DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION with no driver specified.

I went through several full Windows fresh installs, but always the BSOD returned. Today I ran two iterations of Memtest64 and it did not pick up any memory errors. I ran disk repair scans on my drives (2 SSDs, 1 HDD), with no errors detected. I was at the end of my rope so I decided to do a fresh install and run driver verifier post install when things should be their cleanest and least problematic.

At this point I have installed windows, installed the manufacturer's drivers (chipset, audio, and network), and fully updated windows. That's it. There are zero additional programs or drivers installed. I ran driver verifier and it still reports DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. I have no idea what the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • DESKTOP-50K6HSP-Sat_01_16_2016_183233_14.zip (218.9 KB, 1 views)

Please update your Realtek network drivers.
Driver Reference Table - rt640x64.sys
Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys 6: kd> lmvm rt640x64start             end                 module name fffff800`27b20000 fffff800`27bf9000   rt640x64 T (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: rt640x64.sys     Image path: SystemRootSystem32drivers
t640x64.sys     Image name: rt640x64.sys     Timestamp:        Tue May 05 18:21:03 2015(5548EDEF)     CheckSum:         000E9B0E     ImageSize:        000D9000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Please let me know how it goes, reinstalling Windows several times usually indicates a hardware problem.

Please update your Realtek network drivers.
Driver Reference Table - rt640x64.sys

~~~

Please let me know how it goes, reinstalling Windows several times usually indicates a hardware problem.
Ah, thank you. I had tried to find a reference to rt640x64.sys and it was referenced as a MS/Windows driver from my meager google search (though I see it now). But the Realtek drivers have been updated and so far no BSOD.

Would you recommend I try to boot under driver verifier one more time post-update, or simply wait to see if the computer is functionally stable at this point?

And thanks again for taking a look!

I usually suggest driver verifier when I'm unable to find a driver and it is clearly a driver causing problems.

Unless you want to test your system I don't see a need for it.

Brand New Build, Tons of BSOD, Please Help!