Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Thanks for you kindness


Hi,

I built my pc about a week ago and I have been getting BSODS, and I used BlueScreenView to see that ntoskrnl.exe, 142760 was causing the issue. I am not sure how to troubleshoot this as this is completely new to me. I checked that my memory and storage are fine. I will be attaching the dmp file below. Please help me, thanks a lot.
  • 042416-7312-01.zip (63.6 KB, 4 views)

Hi,

I built my pc about a week ago and I have been getting BSODS, and I used BlueScreenView to see that ntoskrnl.exe, 142760 was causing the issue. I am not sure how to troubleshoot this as this is completely new to me. I checked that my memory and storage are fine. I will be attaching the dmp file below. Please help me, thanks a lot.
Have you a Raid setup, is so upgrade drivers....Also check all hardware drivers.
Have you overclocked, if so restore to original clock speed.
I assume you have taken out one memory at a time to check as you state memory fine.

A stray crash dump is not enough to debug a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD.
Code:
A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruption could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.Arguments:
@akashme2palli, you need to post a reply in this thread following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Apparently the display driver is flagged,
Code:
fffff803`c13e0648  fffff801`2b2005b4Unable to load image SystemRootsystem32DRIVERSatikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sysatikmdag+0x905b4
Those files will help us to know more about it.

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for helping, I updated all my drivers and I have not been getting any BSODS

Cheers

Good news.

Arc... many thanks for your efforts and willingness to help others. For us scanning the web for solutions to issues, people like you are such a blessing. I've had my own issues related to this ntsokml.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe problem. I also experienced DRIVER OVERAN STACK BUFFER. For those searching for more information related to these issues, here is an abbreviated paste from a Who Crashed analysis of my system, and what I ended up doing with it.
4/22/2016 3:39:02 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:WINDOWSmemory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xF7 (0xFF000D1673F4E696, 0xD1673F4E696, 0xFFFFF2E98C0B1969, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER
Bug check description: This indicates that a driver has overrun a stack-based buffer.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.
4/21/2016 11:05:55 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:WINDOWSMinidump