Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Need Assistance - Critical error Event ID 41 after every shutdown and


BACKGROUND:

I'm troubleshooting a critical error message I receive in the event log. It's the same as has been previously reported here. Prior to upgrading to Windows 10, my system was running Windows 7 Pro SP1. When running my previous OS (WIN 7) I rarely had errors listed in Event Viewer. Now after upgrading to Windows 10, I get errors/warnings I never used to get under Windows 7. I have performed a clean install of Win 10 and still am receiving error messages.

The error I would like help with today is of the "Critical" level in Event Viewer.

PROBLEM:

After doing a normal shutdown, and then booting my system, I check Event Viewer and always find the following critical error:

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

-------- START: Event Viewer XML error text -------
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>3</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-01-04T21:03:56.991237200Z" />

<EventRecordID>2459</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-N4EB49B</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>


- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">6</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">3221225684</Data>

</EventData>


</Event>


-------- END : Event Viewer XML error text -------

REQUEST:

I never used to get this error after doing a normal shutdown (prior to upgrade to Windows 10, when I was on Windows 7). Now it happens all the time.

Can you help me figure out why this error is occurring after doing a normal shutdown followed by a boot? As mentioned above, I recently performed a clean install of Win 10 64-bit, and am on build version 10586.36

My system runs fine, yet I get the above error (and a number of other errors) even after the performed the clean install of Windows 10.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

Need Assistance - Critical error Event ID 41 after every shutdown and