Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Easy way


Hello,

I'm in the process of clearing up my right click menus after installing Windows 10. I found guides for all menu items I wanted to get rid of here on windowssh blog (Yay!), but I can't find a guide on how to remove the "Cast to Device" item.
Is there a way to remove it (for folders and files)?

rgds
RIPsumCT

Hello!

Same problem here. Seemingly no solution yet to this on the entire internet ...

... until now:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionShell ExtensionsBlocked] "{7AD84985-87B4-4a16-BE58-8B72A5B390F7}"="Play To menu"
Spent quite some hours engineering this, so I hope some people find it useful!

Thanks a lot! Works like a charm!

Hello!

Same problem here. Seemingly no solution yet to this on the entire internet ...

... until now:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionShell ExtensionsBlocked] "{7AD84985-87B4-4a16-BE58-8B72A5B390F7}"="Play To menu"
Spent quite some hours engineering this, so I hope some people find it useful!
Hate to bump, but how do I enter this? Haven't done much with regedit, and making a new key and string with these values didn't help

Copy paste into Notepad > give it a name such as RemoveCast.reg > save as all files



To activate go to default save place(usually Documents) > find it > double click it > give permission

That's it

This reg key doesn't work for me. This context menu entry reappears very quickly.

Solution: use ShellExView and disable the "Play To menu" entry.

Thanks amazing!

Hello,I'm in the process of clearing up my right click menus after installing Windows 10. I found guides for all menu items I wanted to get rid of here on windowssh blog (Yay!), but I can't find a guide on how to remove the "Cast to Device" item.Is there a way to remove it (for folders and files)?rgdsRIPsumCT
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT>CLSID>DELETE KEY{7AD84985-87B4-4a16-BE58-8B72A5B390F7}

Easy way