Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Certain Programs/Apps Marked Unavailable


I just installed Speccy and Unchecky; in August, I install OmniPage with PDF Creator.

When I go try to make PDF Creator my default program, it's not there in Settings>Default Apps. So, I go to Apps and Features and find it's installed but marked "Unavailable".

Further, I have a number of installed programs marked "Unavailable", like Unchecky and Speccy, both of which were installed awhile ago.

There's no way to mark them Available!

What gives!?

I just installed Speccy and tried some to see what the deal is for you Wynona. Same thing here. I can use it but it says unavailable. No answer for what gives here yet.

I just installed Speccy and tried some to see what the deal is for you Wynona. Same thing here. I can use it but it says unavailable. No answer for what gives here yet.
Thanks, Charlie. I just looked for Speccy and cannot find it anywhere in my listing of apps and programs. I know I installed it because it opened up and showed me a whole bunch of stuff about my computer.

I can't find it in my all apps list. But I selected to put a icon on the desktop when I installed it so I could test it. Lucky I did that or seems it would have vanished.

I can't find it in my all apps list. But I selected to put a icon on the desktop when I installed it so I could test it. Lucky I did that or seems it would have vanished.
You still an Insider, Charlie? If so, file feedback?

I'm going to.

Found it! Speccy, that is.

I went to This PC>Local Disk C:>Program Files (it's both 64 and 32 bit) and there it was! I put a link on QuickLaunch.

That still doesn't solve the fact that I can't make invisible programs my default.

Now to find Nuance's PDF Creator and get it onto QuickLaunch.

I couldn't find the executable for PDF Create! So I posted the following feedback:

Build 10532 - When I add a program that's not Microsoft, more often than not, when I try to use that program, or make it my default program, it's nowhere to be found on my hard drive!

I installed Nuance OmniPage, which includes PDF Create; however, if I want to make PDF Create my default PDF reader, it's not in my list of installed apps. I know it's there, but even when I go into C:Programs or C:Programs (x86) and find the folder, nothing there is useable.

I installed a couple of utilities; Unchecky and Speccy yesterday. Unchecky shows up, but Speccy does not!

This has been an ongoing problem for me for awhile now, and I would appreciate having it fixed. If I go to the trouble to install a program, I'd really like to use it.

Certain Programs/Apps Marked Unavailable