Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Why did my PC reboot mid-game twice today?


I've had no problems with my computer normally.

The only time I've had restart issues prior to this was when I bought into the GRIM DAWN alpha and as soon as my PC rebooted due to the game being ran, I refunded the purchase and moved on.

I've played a lot more strenuous games than that on my machine all the time and never had a problem.

Today I'm playing Roguelands and suddenly my computer just decides to reboot on its own in the middle of my game.

I normally throw my hands in the air and yell "What the ****" like every other ordinary human being but I've been sitting here grinding for over 14 hours and all of that's been lost due to this happening.

Suggestions?

I've had no problems with my computer normally.

The only time I've had restart issues prior to this was when I bought into the GRIM DAWN alpha and as soon as my PC rebooted due to the game being ran, I refunded the purchase and move

I've played a lot more strenuous games than that on my machine all the time and never had a problem.

Today I'm playing Roguelands and suddenly my computer just decides to reboot on its own in the middle of my game.

I normally throw my hands in the air and yell "What the ****" like every other ordinary human being but I've been sitting here grinding for over 14 hours and all of that's been lost due to this happening.

Suggestions?
Power Supply maybe

Could be the power supply, like solarstarshines said. Could also be your CPU overheating and shutting down the PC to avoid damage. Have you checked your temps?

open a search window , type "view advanced system setings" click settings and under "startup and recovery" and uncheck "automatically restart" under the system failiure tab then apply

your pc will most likely crash on the next error ingame but it wont restart and it may throw up an error you can at least troubleshoot. It may also lock up and you will have to manually restart with your reset button

its also a good idea to download msi afterburner so you can monitor your gpu and cpu temps and speeds ingame and see if the issue lies there.

It doesnt sound like a gpu issue as a driver crash usually resets itself in windows , id go for a driver conflict but it could be anything.

also event log is a good place to look see if there are any errors just prior to a crash

1. Save your game often.

2. Indeed as others have suggested it sounds like your CPU might be overheating and automatically shutting down at the determined temperature in the bios settings to protect your CPU. If you have access to two monitors then I'd download HWMonitor and keep it on your second monitor while you play and keep an eye on it to see how hot your CPU, GPU etc are getting.

Of course it could be some conflict, have you installed anything new lately? New hardware?

As said, overheating and PSU are the most likely causes, but if only happens on one game, it might be a bug(?) of the game, try to stress test your computer with Prime95 for CPU, Unigine Heaven/Valley looping for GPU, and check temperatures, PSU voltages with Hwinfo or signs of instability. Also check with BSOD viewerif you had BSODS that might not be shown

Why did my PC reboot mid-game twice today?