Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Keep getting driver errors. Do i need a new one?


Hey,

A week ago my computer was getting very slow and i was getting driver errors. After restarting the computer and repairing the driver, I was still getting this error.
I scanned my computer for malware etc. with Malwarebytes, spybot and avira. I cleaned my disk etc.
I recovered my pc to and reinstalled windows, because i was missing multimedia class service.
After still having a shitty performance i recovered my pc to the factory settings.
After that I updated windows 8 to windows 10 and checked my driver status.
Alls was good, but after a day I was again getting driver errors and my performance was shitty again.
Now I let diskcheckup run, but I don't know the parameters. This is done after i repaired my drive.
Do i need a new hard drive?


It's Power cycle count seems pretty high. It's possible that drive is going to sleep a lot. For testing purposes you can turn it off in your Powers saving plan > Advanced options.

Havent got the error anymore, but the booting time is still 30 + minutes. After booting the first 30 minutes even my task manager is not responding after opening the app.

Havent got the error anymore, but the booting time is still 30 + minutes. After booting the first 30 minutes even my task manager is not responding after opening the app.
Maybe time to defrag it ?

I tried to defrag it, bit i dont know if of was finished because de C disk dissapeared in the defrag screen. Afterwards the disk error reappeared. Scanning now

Run Check Disk on the Drive.
Go to Start/Search and typeCMD, right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompttype chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Yfor Yes, and restart the computer. Check Diskwill run at next bootup and go through 5 stages. It will check for any bad sectors, and it will take a long while.

This is what I did.
- I did the steps in cmd like you said
- I pressed restart and at the restart it said scanning and repairing C for like 3 min. After that i got the Windows log in screen.
- I thougt this was weird so typed chkntfs in cmd and it said something like c is dirty, use /c.
- I did de chkdsk /R again but imstead of restarting I pressed shut down. While schutting down it said "getting Windows ready, dont shut down your computer" for a while. It didnt go alway so i shut down the computer by holding the power button. I removed the battery and the power cord and went to sleep.

I just startend my computer and the chkdsk was again just 3 min at my screen, after which the Windows log.in screen slowly appeared.

With parted magic I get a read failure aswell.

Keep getting driver errors. Do i need a new one?