Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

try this


Hey there,

I would like to enable the 5Ghz option on my router, however when I do this my PC is not detecting the network, however my phone and Xbox are, I read on the internet that 802.11n internet is able to use 5Ghz. I feel like I missed a setting but I can't find it, hope someone can help me.

Router: Cisco EPC3925
Network card:
802.11n Wireless LAN Card, upto Speccy (I pressume the Ralink RT2860 Wireless LAN Card if I can believe my control panel)

Thanks in advance!

Have you had the WiFi card previously connected to 5Ghz wireless networks?

Reading up on your wireless chip, I don't think the chip is capable of 5Ghz band.

Nope, I only had 2.4Ghz connection, from what I saw my chip can use it??

No clue here.

A little Web searching indicates that both the Cisco EPC3925 and the Ralink RT2860 are dual band devices.

have a look in your advanced settings.

DeviceManager>networkAdapters>Right click on WirelessLan>properties>Preferred band> select either both/auto/5

Roy
 

This what I get:

Translated:
Adhoc support 802.11n
Land region (2,4Ghz)
Multimedia/gaming
Radio on/off
Roaming sensitivity

When I click on Land Region (2,4Ghz) I get the following:

As said previously RT2860 is not 5Ghz capable: Ralink - WikiDevi

I was just wondering if you ever had the card connected to 5Ghz band then maybe you may have listed your wireless chip incorrectly.

@Nemix - if you look closely at , there are two possible configurations for the RT2860, one is dual band, the other is not, depends on the RFIC used in the implementation.
@Shifty - Do you know exactly what brand and model you have?

@Nemix - if you look closely at , there are two possible configurations for the RT2860, one is dual band, the other is not, depends on the RFIC used in the implementation.
@Shifty - Do you know exactly what brand and model you have?
The Ralink RT2860 drivers are installed on my laptop, how can I check it differently? (speccy does not detect it)

You could also pick up a driver from your comp.

Device Manager>network adapter>right click on Wirelesslancard>update driver>BROWSE MY COMPUTER>LET ME PICK>UNCHECK show compatible hardware> scroll down to Ralink entry use the >>second<< one. Then go to the last entry under the adapter.

Roy .
 

try this