Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

bitdefender free edition


to my surprise, it installed on windows 10.
can I assume it does what it is supposed to?

edit: I posted this question on the bitdefender forum. I saw that the latest build of free edition was announced with the hope that it would support windows 10. My immediate reaction is that in fact it does seem to behave properly.

Interesting, devs said, that it will no longer be supported and no 10 support and now, they released a new version.

Released Version 1.0.21.1099. - Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition - Bitdefender Forum

Thanks for the update, I loved BD, it is lightest AV ever, I used it on 10, until it stopped working.

Proceed with cushion! Even previous version didn't interfere with Windows 10, but it didn't worked correctly. On their download site is still no sign that it is supported on Windows 10.
I would wait a bit longer.

For the record, Bitdefender has finally released a version, which supports 10. So far beta only though.

Free Antivirus Software - Download Bitdefender Antivirus Free

I would not consider using the free version which has not been updated in 2 years. It could be less efficient and a security risk.

This one was released on July 20th 2016.Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition 1.0.2.6 Beta - Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition - Bitdefender Forum

Yes, it is the new version and yes it does support Windows 10.

The BETA stage is not full blown open beta, some kinks need to be ironed out before we go full open.

As such please ignore the Windows support page as it needs to be adapted to the latest beta release that supports Windows 10.

This one was released on July 20th 2016.Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition 1.0.2.6 Beta - Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition - Bitdefender Forum
I am using the free beta on win10 and I am happy with it

For the record, Bitdefender has finally released a version, which supports 10. So far beta only though.

Free Antivirus Software - Download Bitdefender Antivirus Free
Thank for the heads up @TairikuOkami been waiting for this

I am using the free beta on win10 and I am happy with it
Any problem with the beta?

Thanks TairikuOkami. I too have been waiting for this.

bitdefender free edition