Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Lock Screen Image Is Wrong


I have this weird problem since installing the anniversary update: after each restart the lock screen no longer shows a Windows Spotlight image, it shows my old Facebook cover photo which is argue and I hate it but I've been through all the settings and can't find a way to change it. Can anyone give us a hand?

Hello stupot, and welcome to windowssh blog.

You might see if the tutorial below may be able to help. Be sure to double check the information at the top.

Lock Screen Background - Change in Windows 10

Yeah, I looked at that and followed it but it didn't change anything so idk what to do now short of a refresh

Yeah, I looked at that and followed it but it didn't change anything so idk what to do now short of a refresh
Hi

Try this

go to Start type in "Regedit" and navigate to the following key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindowsPersonalization]

after you are there delete these two keys if they are present (But first make sure you make a backup/Export the relevant key if something goes wrong just in case)

There should be something like Lock screen overlay key or something similar

Now you should be able to change the Lock Screen image trough "Setting>peronalization"

I had a similar problem and this solved it for me.

I looked there but the folder for Personalisation doesn't exist...

I looked there but the folder for Personalisation doesn't exist...
hmmm are you using Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update?

Windows 10 Home Anniversary Update, The Build Number is 14393.82 if that helps?

I looked there but the folder for Personalisation doesn't exist...
It won't exist unless you had enabled the policy.

If you change your lock screen background to a picture, does it show?

I'll just check but today when locked the screen shows a Windows Spotlight image. It still shows that awful picture on startup though. In the settings panel when I select picture it shows that picture but I have no idea where it's come from because I don't have a copy saved on my PC or OneDrive...

Go ahead and post a screenshot showing this pointed out in your Settings to see what it may be from.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in windowssh blog

Lock Screen Image Is Wrong